Everybody knows it’s hard to create and sustain a brand. After all, if it was that easy, everybody would be doing it! But digital marketing is not about being fast and how much money you bring to the table. It’s about being smart about your every move, big or small.
In this video, we show you the 7 important marketing trends that will be prevalent from the start of this year to the next 12 to 24 months. This is highly beneficial to startup companies since most of them are still at a loss for good options when it comes to digital marketing.
SEO, Personal Connection With Followers Is Important
SEO has been proven to be highly efficient when it comes to driving traffic to your website. But putting out more product videos than improving your storytelling skills is not good enough. You have to focus on the quality of work you share with your followers and make sure that you communicate with them on a personal level. This increases their trust, buys more from you, and recommends you more to other parties.
Continuous Learning About Digital Marketing Is Necessary
Aside from this, it is also important to focus on creating mobile-friendly accounts and websites. Don’t mimic your rivals and just go with what’s “in” now. Maintain and solidify your unique presence online by learning everything you need about digital marketing. If you have little knowledge about online data-related topics, either seek training or hire someone to help you out. There is no shame in asking for help. Especially if it’s for your brand.
Find Out Your Target Market
Is your content authentic? Does it show your followers your genuine self? Is it brimming with authenticity and knowledge about your brand? If you answered yes to all of the questions, then you’re on the right path.
✎ 7 Marketing Trends to Help you DOMINATE Social Media in 2017:
1. Small biz will eat brands
* Small businesses will continue to dominate at social while big brands mostly struggle
* For small businesses it will increasingly become the #1 way they drive new business
2. Video will dominate
* Video will become increasingly important across all platforms
* The ones who win will: stand for something, understand storytelling, be authentic, and take advantage of new technology like 360 and 4k/8k video
* The ones who lose will be the ones who focus on promoting over providing value
* Live video streaming will play an increasingly important role across all platforms
3. Mobile first will win
* Marketing must focus on mobile first, desktop second as mobile use continues to grow
* Websites and campaigns must be designed with the mobile user as the priority audience
4. Advertising costs will rise
* For those spending on advertising, the cost to reach your audience will rise as more brands shift budgets to social
* Facebook targeted ads is still the most cost effective way to reach a specific audience but the cost to reach them will rise in 2017
5. Influencer marketing will explode
* Influencer marketing is still underpriced and a great way to connect with audiences
* More brands will add influencer marketing to their strategy in 2017, driving up the cost of programs
* Successful brands will have to navigate the willingness to give up creative control of content to allow the influencer campaigns to bring the best ROI
6. Content will grow
* The amount of content, and quality content, from businesses will grow. Those who produce more will win.
* Smart companies will show behind the scenes, become thought leaders, and feature their sawdust
7. Data nerds will reign
* People who understand analytics, algorithm hacking, and automation will become increasingly valuable
* Money will shift from SEO to social and new opportunities will open up for the people who can shift accordingly